Parks and greenspaces are essential to healthy, thriving communities.
Under Commissioner Ellis, Precinct One has led the way in developing floodplain land for public recreation, such as the Clear Creek Chain of Parks in the southern part of the county. Commissioner Ellis also leads in developing Hike & Bike Trails. The Parks Department clears land for recreational development; assists with the design and construction of parks and facilities; installs playground equipment; landscapes Hike & Bike Trails; and maintains lake and creek property.
In Harris County, combining flood protection with new parklands and recreational areas can help communities become more resilient. Precinct One’s invests in parks because everyone deserves access to healthy recreational opportunities and beautiful parks.
All Precinct One parks are community spaces for everyone to enjoy.
Please observe the following rules:
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited; except by permit.
- Control noise levels – please be respectful of others
- Cook only on designated camp stoves or barbeque grills; no open fires.
- Fireworks are prohibited; except by permit.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Harming wildlife is prohibited.
- Hunting is prohibited; except by permit.
- Littering or dumping is prohibited.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on grass areas, trails, and sidewalks.
- Park in designated lots. Vehicles parked overnight are subject to towing.
- Pet waste must be picked up and placed in trash bins.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times except in designated dog parks.